Career Opportunities With ABMI
Become An ABMI Business Broker, Agent, Consultant, Advisor
Join Our Team...Look At These Exciting Benefits:
- High commissions on high average sales. Typical sales are $200,000 to $3,000,000 or more, with commissions of $20,000 to $200,000 or more.
- No experience needed, but prior experience could be helpful in marketing in: real estate; insurance; business-to-business products or services; financial services; or in business ownership or executive business management.
- Industry leading, comprehensive training program.
- You will be an Independent Contractor, working on straight commissions, with no limit on earnings, with flexible working hours, enjoying great personal freedom.
- Terrific career satisfaction, helping business buyers and sellers participate in "The Great American Dream" of buying, selling and operating their own business.
- Year round lead generation system, including multi media advertising program, with industry-leading Internet Marketing System, highly productive company web site, lead protection for each agent, electronic lead distribution system, best agent support system in the industry, ultra professional and standardized forms (all available on line to agents).
- Tried and proven administrative systems and centralized headquarters administrative control. Ongoing leadership and training and access to counseling and mentoring.
You should be a reliable self starter, with high integrity and character; a creative thinker with a strong work ethic; with a desire to work with a wide variety of prospects, including business buyers and sellers and their attorneys, accountants, bankers and advisors; receptive to leadership and mentoring; willing to take training gladly; willing to follow a proven system; with good time management and organizational skills; with a desire to help people and solve problems; fascinated with the process of negotiating and "making deals"; comfortable and confident working on commisions with high income potential.
Business brokers are not required to have a real estate license, nor any other license, to list and sell non real estate business assets in Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Iowa or most other states in the USA. However, agents cannot sell securities without a securities license, and cannot practice realty without a license, so agents cannot list or sell real estate without a real estate license.
About 80% of the thousands of transactions ABMI has successfully completed over the last 28 years did not include real estate, so, 80% of the time, our agents did not have to have a real estate license. However, we urge all agents to obtain a real estate license as soon as possible, as the earnable commissions on the 20% of engagements that do include real estate, are very attractive, and business brokers who also have a real estate license do tend to earn higher income than agents who do not have a real estate license. Agents with a real estate license affiliate with ABMI's affiliated real estate company, Business Realty, Inc, which is licensed in Missouri and Kansas, and plans to be licensed in other states as we expand.
Folks who wish to join the ABMI team, who have a real estate license, and/or those who join us without having a real estate license, but who obtain a real estate license later, will be allowed to register your license with Business Realty, Inc, who will also provide you with training, supervision, mentoring, forms, and the systems needed to support your real estate marketing activities.
None of the transactions completed by ABMI in the past have included the sale of securities, so securities licensing, to date, has not been a requirement.
Things To Consider:
At ABMI we are always looking for great people to join our team.
ABMI has new agent opportunities in Missouri and Kansas, with plans to expand to other states in 2011.
We have a system whereby an agent can join ABMI, but live and work in cities and towns of all sizes, with a headquarters support system, including electronic access by the agent to everything you need to be successful.
We invite you to dream big, whether you are working out of our Overland Park, Kansas (major suburb of Kansas City) headquarters, or working the potential for listing and selling businesses in a town not near ABMI headquarters. There are amazing opportunities in towns and cities large or small, all across the USA.
New agents typically need to have adequate personal living expense reserves, regardless of which agency you join. New agents commmonly will invest 4 to 6 months before starting to generate commissions. The good news is that, with business brokerage, with typical sales generating such large commissions, agents are able to "catch up" fast, income-wise, once your momentum reaches it's potential. And, with ABMI's year round lead generation system, all new agents start their careers with qualified leads, the first week out of training.
Independent Contractor Agents have been succeeding with ABMI since 1982. We are the longest continually operating business brokerage in the Midwestern USA. We work very hard to help new agents earn commisions as quickly as possible, and to then provide the tools to help agents earn six figure incomes, for those agents who apply themselves, and who utilize their talents, experience and dedication with intelligence and predictability.
To see the biographies and photos of the agents presently on staff at ABMI, click on ABMI Agents, Advisors, Consultants and Personnel.